Step by Step Tips on Designing your Kid's Dream Bedroom
This means different things for different kids, so the important part is to pay attention to what your child likes to look at, read, watch, surround their self with, and what they like to do. You can pick up on a lot by paying attention to these things, as well as, simply asking your child what he/she would like in his or her bedroom.
- Furniture: Choose the kind of furniture that will coordinate best with the overall look you're trying to achieve in the bedroom. If you're daughter wants a princess room, furniture such as the Jessica McClintock Collection from Lea Industries, that is girly and royal, will be perfect for creating her dream room. On the other hand, if the furniture in the room is better off as a backdrop, for instance if your little boy is all about sports, then choosing something contemporary and traditional like South Shore's Logik Collection will be a much better choice.
- Bedding: These days, it's extremely easy to coordinate the proper bedding choice for your child's dream bedroom. It seems as though the choices are endless. There's princess bedding for a princess room, sports bedding for a sports room. It makes it very easy to coordinate your child's dream room. Sets of kids bedding come with nearly everything you need to create the kind of look you need in your child's room with a matching sheet, comforter, pillowcase and more.
- Walls: The walls are like blank canvases for creating your child's dream room. You could easily paint a mural on the wall or purchase the stickers that can peal off and decorate the walls. Wall Art such as small photos, mirrors or other artwork is a great way to instantly add lots of decorative interest to your child's bedroom. It's a lot of fun to simply paint the walls different colors as well.
- Accessories: Collecting various items and knickknacks that can be set on shelves or other surfaces is a great way to enhance the look of your child's bedroom and create his or her dream room. Lamps, decorative hampers or storage bins and a slew of other accessories are perfect for enhancing a dream room.
- Floor: On the floor, you could place a decorative rug or even put in a specific kind of flooring such as a particular carpet color, a regal wooden floor, or fun tiles that will really create a base for the dream room.
- Ceiling: The ceiling is where you can really get creative. Whether you're hanging a chandelier for a princess or something in line with another theme, the ceiling can often be an overlooked place to pull together a theme in a kids bedroom. Don't be afraid and get really creative and hang fish for an under the sea theme or leaves for a jungle theme from the ceiling by simply visiting your local arts and crafts store and getting some fishing line to hang. You'll love the look on your child's face when he or she sees how much effort you have put into creating a room from their dreams that he or she can fall asleep in right back into those sweet dreams, night after night.